Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm still alive!...barely

It's been a month since I last uploaded anything, so here are some of the things that have dominated my life since early February.

The biggest projects are for Words on Wheels, which is this competition where Baltimore MTA elementary and middle school kids submit poetry they write and the top fifteen are selected to be plastered on Baltimore buses and the light rail.  And since a collection of poems printed in Helvetica text are not that attractive, they get MICA students to illustrate the poems.  Three or four MICA students compete against each other for each of the fifteen poems and the best will be used.  Only three classes were assigned this project and I was lucky enough to be in two of them.

So without further ado, here are my entries for Hand Letters and Illustration Concepts.

Hand Letters Words on Wheels (Version 1)
Micron, Graphite, India Ink Brush Pens, Color Markers, Photoshop
11.125" x 27.375"
This is the one I did turn it




Hand Letters Words on Wheels (Version 2)
Micron, Graphite, India Ink Brush Pens, Color Markers, Photoshop
11.125" x 27.375"
This was a last minute playing with color.  I think I like it better, but oh well, I guess.









Illustration Concepts II Words on Wheels (Final)
Micron, India Ink Brush Pens, Acrylic Paint, Photoshop
11.125" x 27.375"
 








Illustration Concepts II Words on Wheels (Greyscale)
Micron, India Ink Brush Pens, Acrylic Paint
11.125" x 21.375"

No comments:

Post a Comment