Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Book Covers

So for Typography, we have to do a series of three book covers and, of course, I had to pick my favorite book series, The Spenser series, by Robert B. Parker.  In my opinion, his books are amazing and quite intelligent mystery novels, but 95% of his covers are horribly ugly.  (Seriously, look up the cover for Stardust, it's disgusting).

I have the same assignment for my Illustration Concepts II class, so I'll be doing six different covers.  Good thing I've been wanting to do this project for a while!

Here is the first completed book cover:
6.25" x 9.25"
Illustrator, InDesign

 
The cover probably needs a little explanation.  The book is about this actress named Jill Joyce who hires Spenser as a body guard and find out who is sending her threatening messages.  For the first third of the book, the threats are just word of mouth, until Jill goes to her dressing room to find a doll of her hung by the neck over the door frame, which is really important to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment